COVID-19

COVID-19

Just a note to bring you up to speed with where we are with Cally this year regarding the current pandemic. 

We hope to go ahead with the event but I am sure you will agree that it is too soon to tell whether this will actually be possible. One problem is obviously the current travel restrictions which I believe would prevent many of our teachers as well as some of you from getting here – will they be lifted by July? Who knows? The other problem is regarding the university kitchen. At present the university will give us the chalets but the kitchens have now closed and the staff do not know when they will be allowed back in. If we can’t supply meals then we will be unable to go ahead.

What we have agreed with the university is that we will come to a decision by 29th May when hopefully these situations will be clearer.

In the meantime, if you plan on attending if this year’s event goes ahead, please continue to make your booking so we will know numbers in good time. If we have to cancel this year then any deposits/payments will either be refunded or – and only if you would prefer – carried over to next year’s Cally which will be held from 9th to 16th July 2021.

It may be that matters become clearer before this, in which case we will let you know what will happen as soon as we have decided.

Share

Recent News